The Washington Latin Parent-Faculty Association is an organization devoted to supporting the education of all children at Latin and promoting the general welfare of the school. We accomplish this by helping to provide important information to parents, fostering close relationships between parents and faculty, and providing a forum for sharing ideas and building a strong, supportive community.
Our funding comes from the parents of Washington Latin through our Latin Pride annual campaign, which also provides important funding to the school to help close the budget gap and thus sustain the most important elements of Latin – small classes, excellent faculty, and a warm community. Please read more about Latin Pride!
5th Grade — Shawn Jegede email@example.com
6th Grade — Janai Cawley firstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade — Jennifer Thorpe-Lewis email@example.com
8th Grade — Lisa Rucker firstname.lastname@example.org
9th Grade — Diana Bruce email@example.com
10th Grade — LaVerne Tate firstname.lastname@example.org
11th Grade — Marie Alexander email@example.com
12th Grade — Sugi Spriggs firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator – Beverly Mitchell email@example.com
Hospitality Committee – Ronnie Thaxton firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Committee – Robert Burchard email@example.com
Used Uniform Committee – Satu Haase-Webb and Chari Voss firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Committee – Elizabeth Duffy, Jennifer Thorpe-Lewis email@example.com
We Need You!
We invite YOU to get involved at Latin! This is a great way to get to know teachers, administrators, and parents while also making a contribution that helps Latin be all it can be. You can volunteer in a variety of ways, some of them new this year, including:
- Organize speakers of interest to parents
- Help raise funds for Latin by writing grants or working on fundraising events
- Plan activities such as our fall festival and movie nights
- Prepare communications – tweeting, posting, or just old fashioned writing
- Work in our terrific library
- Assist the school administrators with various clerical tasks, including filing, data entry, and mailing.
- Help with coverage of the front desk (answering the phone, greeting visitors)
- Join the School Wellness Committee implementing policies and programs concerned with the health and wellbeing of students and staff.
- Share stories and insights with groups of students about your careers, travel, cultural knowledge, etc.
- Assist with chaperoning trips.
- Help with the supervision of breakfast and/or lunch and recess.
- Tutor students and/or small groups to provide remedial support and enrichment (particularly in reading and math).
- Assist the school in the coaching of intra-mural and/or interscholastic sports.
- Volunteer to serve as advisory representative/homeroom parent for your child’s
Whether you are available only off-site, on nights and weekends, before or after school, there is something for everyone, so please get involved!
How do you get involved? Email: Volunteer@latinpcs.org
Box Tops for Education™
We wanted to remind parents that they can help in supporting the school in many ways at no cost. Click here to see how you can help.
One program that we want to bring to your attention is our participation in the Box Tops program. Clipping Box Tops is an easy way to help earn cash for our school. Each one is worth 10¢ for our school! Just look for the pink Box Tops on hundreds of products. All you have to do is clip them and send them to school. There is a collection box at the front desk.
Through everyone’s participation, we hope to collect $1,000 for our school from Box Tops and this year, the money collected will go towards supporting the purchase of books and supplies for the library.
Through your support, we hope to make our school’s Box Tops for Education™ program a huge success this year.
Thanks for your help!