Enroll Your Child at Latin
Free and accessible to families from all eight wards of the District, the school seeks young women and men of good character who are eager to learn and willing to work. Latin’s process of admissions is designed to be open to any DC student. As an open enrollment public charter school, there are no admissions requirements except DC residency. We are not allowed to – and do not – look at test scores, past grades, or other academic background. As a publicly chartered school, Washington Latin’s admissions policy meets enrollment guidelines set by the DC Public Charter School Board.
Washington Latin participates in MySchoolDC, the District-wide common lottery for K-12 education. The lottery deadlines are February 3rd for high school grades (9-12) and March 2nd for grades K-8. Washington Latin accepts new students in grades 5-9 ONLY; we do not accept new students after 9th grade due to the Latin language requirement for graduation. The largest number of openings is generally for 5th grade (90 slots). Please read our FAQ on admissions to learn more.
To schedule a Shadow Day, please contact Crystal Eleby-El, Director of Student Recruitment.
Note: Siblings of current students must apply through MySchoolDC.
Washington Latin participates in the DC-wide public school lottery, MySchoolDC, an online school application site. It is the only way to apply for Washington Latin and the majority of other charter and DCPS schools. This year’s important deadlines for enrolling your child for the 2020-21 school year are as follows:
- 12.14.19 Ed Fest (all-DC school information fair for families)
- 12.16.19 MySchoolDC applications open
- 02.03.20 Deadline for submitting applications for grades 9-12
- 03.02.20 Deadline for submitting applications for grades 5-8
- 03.27.20 Lottery results released (accepted or waitlisted)
- 05.01.20 Deadline for accepting seat at Washington Latin or any other MySchoolDC school
- 05.15.20 Deadline for returning enrollment forms to Washington Latin to secure a spot for 2020-21.
Join us on one of these dates to learn about Latin and all we have to offer! Parents and students are welcome.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 6:30-8:00 pm